Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's YOUR Love Story?!

Today I am showing my hubby some love & linking up with Becky for....
First I would like confess my undying and passionate love for Becky...or whatever her real name may be.  She has quickly become one of my blogger/twitter besties due to her humor, kindness, and the fact that she has smokin hot bod! I mean no wonder her hubs is always taking pictures of her ass instead of her adorable girl Elliana!  All humor aside, she truly inspires me to be a better mother, wife, and cook.  She does it all and I admire her! I am so excited to link up with her today in honor of Valentines Day next Tuesday.  So here goes my love story....
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Are you ready for this?? Nearly a decade. We started dating the summer before our senior year in high school..so it will be 10 years this coming June.  I can't believe how young we were when I look back at a few old pictures..
2. How did you meet?
We have known each other ever since grade school. Our houses are literally 8 minutes away from each other..don't worry - I had it timed perfectly to be able to make it home at curfew.  We were always friends and even swam together on the same swim team.  Our best friends dated one another all throughout high school but we never had any romantic connection..only a quick make out session our freshman year oops. However, we started to hang out more towards the end of our junior year..and then he had the nerve to start hanging out with some skank freshman.  I finally realized that I cared about him more than a friend..and of course he was always madly in love with me..so the rest is history. A match made in the jealous throes of high school. 
3. How long have you been married?
We tied the knot on May 22, 2010..and it was one hell of a party.
4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married back in our hometown of Lebanon, PA. The ceremony was at my parents church and the reception was held at the Lebanon Country Club.  This was also the same reception site as my parents, how special! Around 200 people attended and it was one of the best days of our lives. To be surrounded by all our family and friends while we pledged our love for one another..the fun, laugher, and dancing..can we get married again? Actually scratch that, I don't think my Dads checkbook could handle that. 
5. Do you have any nicknames that you call one another?
Nothing special besides the typical hunny, lovebug, asshole & sweetheart. He does occasionally call me "Quinny" which has been around since I was a little girl. 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
The love he has for Saige & myself, his hard-working ethic, and his BIG heart for his family & friends.
7. Tell us how he proposed.
If you read my "Story About Us"..you would see that we had a unconventional way of getting married. We decided that it was the right thing to do at the time..and we had been dating for 8 years..so why the hell not?! I picked out hinted at the ring I wanted, he bought it on the spot, and popped the question right in the car. Not exactly a romantic proposal but we clearly like to shake things up a bit!
8. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day.
Travel more of the world..go on a Mediterranean or Alaskan cruise. We have done a lot of traveling with our families but not many vacations with just the two of us. We took a babymoon to San Diego & Laguna Beach before Saige was born and had a fantastic time. Of course it would have been better had I been able to booze my face off. Keepin it classy as always. 
9. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
10. Show us a picture what love means to you.
Seeing my husband hold our baby girl for the first time. I never knew my heart could feel so full & lucky.

So head on over to From Mrs. to Mama, LINK UP...and share your love story!

10 comments:

Pamela M said...

HOW is it possible that I just officially became a 'follower' of your blog?! LOVE your story, and our wedding days are almost exactly 6 months apart!!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute :)

Katie said...

You guys are adorable! I like your proposal story! It's a good story for the grandkids :)

New Follower :)

Roxy said...

Love your baby girl's name!

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

Mrs. Mama said...

um, hey quinn you, can i give you a friend smooch through the computer?! POR FAVOR?! i love your socks off too, and you crack my shiz up! we would TOTALLY be bff IRL. thanks for your sweet comments :)

loved all your wedding photos, look gorgeous. and i totally picked out my ring as well... shhhh!

Lucy Marie said...

Love your story. And the pictures! So gorgeous.

Allie said...

Love your story! Love that you called Becky out for her name haha I am so CURIOUS what it is...we will get it out of her one day!:)

Lindsey said...

OMG!!!! You two are just too cute for words!!! Love this!!! You are such a beautiful family!!!

Angie said...

Love your story! Such young kids in those pictures, I love!
Gorgeous wedding photo's!!!

College Dating said...

The two of you are a perfect match made in heaven! I was really inspired reading every details of your love story. :) God bless you more in your endeavors together. I'm happy for the both of you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio