Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Like Mother - Not Like Daughter/A Lost Hobby

Pre-baby: My head buried in a book.

Post-baby: Barely getting through a page on my kindle before passing out at night.

I have been and still am an avid reader. Even at a young age I would sit and read books to my dolls. I had entire books memorized from cover to cover. My bookcases at home are jam-packed with books and i've sold hundreds on Amazon..well until they banned me from selling. But that's a bullshit story for another time. Heading to the beach for vacation meant a time to breeze through 8+ good summer reads. I used to constantly swap books with my hometown bff and always had a pile of books on my nightstand.  

And then I became a mom...

I soon exchanged my "chick lit" for sleep training manuals and books with titles such as "Sleep, Eat, Poop". When I would have a few minutes to pick up a book I found it more important to lay my head down on the kitchen floor pillow and take a nap. Instead of relaxing on the beach with a book in my hand I now found myself digging sand out of Saige's mouth and running back and forth between the house and the beach. 

I miss my long-lost hobby. I truly need to get back to it...as it is one of my passions. I have always identified myself as a reader. Luckily my Amazon wish list is jam-packed with some upcoming books from my favorite authors:


I also hope and pray that Saige will enjoy reading as much as her mother. She currently has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to books. I think she enjoys pulling all the books off the shelves more than she does the actual book. We are more into the "Touch and Feel" books right now but I hope as she grows that she will learn to enjoy the words & the illustrations. But for now? She is more into iPhones, blocks, and trying to eat the cat food.

Now i'm off to finally start "The Hunger Games"....or go to bed.

4 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

ugh... girl.. i love reading more than ANYTHING in the world {minus my family and some other shhiz} but seriously... it SUCKS that i haven't read a book since her birth. seriously. sucks.

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I'm with you. Love a book. Started The Hunger Games on my Kindle app on the new iPad that I was over the moon excited about. It's been weeks. I'm on Chapter 5. Ugh.

Posh Peach said...

So glad you're starting the Hunger Games! So, so good. After that, read Divergent (like you have the time, but it was really good as well.) I'll have to read these others. I'm loading up my Nook for the honeymoon travels!

Love you my fellow avid reader and see you in 23 days!!!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, so Jodi Picoult, Jane Greene, Emily Giffin, and Jennifer Weiner are a few of my favorite authors... I didn't know they had new books!!! How did you get banned from Amazon?! That CRAZY!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio